Re: Towing

Howard:

Thanks!

That explains the 6200 lb GVWR stamped inside my Terra's doorframe. That's
3100 lb springs front and rear.

It always amazed me. A 6200 lb GVWR and (although I never verified it) an
"empty/wet" weight of 4200 lbs for my Terra. That would mean it could haul
a ton, literaly, counting driver, passengers, gear and load. Seemed like a
hell of a lot for such a little truck. I compared it to so called 1/2 ton
and 3/4 ton pickups that friends had.

Of course, I never verified what my Terra weighed wet and unloaded. Maybe
it's more like 5000 lbs but that would still make for a 1200 lb load which
is still better than 20% of it's unloaded weight which is a lot as pickups
go.

Tom H.