more brake (800) stuff

got everything put together and i discovered that my new disks are
pulling the fluid from the small reservoir on my previously installed
scout2 master cylinder. problem?  i also noticed that the new disks
will not release properly and seem to remember someone saying
something about the proportioning valve having to come off of a disc
brake scout2 (sorry, deleted post).  i have one i am parting so that
is fine; i have one.  this is for an 800 closed knuckle front end, now
with 1978 blazer calipers and hoses and scout2 rotors.  am i missing
some issues? thanks