Oh no - driveshafts

Binders,

Well, I confirmed my thoughts last night:  the front driveshaft on my '79
did indeed have the yokes 90 degrees out of phase.  And I've been wondering
why my front end was vibrating?  I pulled the shaft and separated the two
parts (how do they go back together Dan?), and after a look at some pretty
dirty parts, it's looking like the splines are in ok shape.  There is,
however, some sort of blue plastic sheath on the spline shaft.  Anyone know
anything about this?  It actually looks like somebody dipped the shaft in a
well-setting blue plasti-dip.  Parts of it are shredded off, but most of it
is still present.
Meanwhile, I'm soaking the mating parts in ATF so I can get a better look
at them.  Can't wait to put it back in & finally (hopefully) be able to run
2wd with locked hubs!  Ah, life's simple pleasures.

Joe Costanzo
'79 Scout II