Re: Oh no - driveshafts

> From: Joe_Costanzo@domain.elided

> There is,
> however, some sort of blue plastic sheath on the spline shaft.  Anyone
know
> anything about this?  It actually looks like somebody dipped the shaft in
> well-setting blue plasti-dip.

That's a pretty common (teflon-like?) material on splined slip joints used
in driveshafts these days, Joe.  It's supposed to make a closer fit,
smoother sliding, less "rattle".  I'm not familiar with the "history" of
this material, so I can't say whether its presence is an indicator that the
shaft has been replaced or not.

Bill Thebert