Re: Lift Kits

Eric,

I have had a 4" Skyjacker on my '79 Scout II for about a year now.  So far,
I'm pretty happy with the ride, but I am a bit disappointed with the fact
that the truck sits noticeably higher in the front than it does in the
rear.  (I'm running a V-8 too.)  If I remember correctly, the springs &
shocks were on the order of $650 (?), plus new brake hoses.  Also, if you
go this route and your kit includes U-bolts, make sure you have the right
ones before starting, as the U-bolts I received were not even close to what
I needed.

So far, I don't *think* I've had any driveline problems (u-joints, severe
angles, etc.), but I won't know for sure until I get my new front drive
shaft in.  I *will* know this before the upcoming day in the NJ Pinelands
again - no more side-of-the-road driveshaft removal should be necessary.
(That should make for some happy fellow Scouters <g>)

One of these days I may try some longer rear shackles to level out the
truck, but I have too many other things I want to get to first.

Hope this info is useful.

Joe Costanzo
'79 Scout II