Re: ihc-digest V6 #181

I actually drained all the oil from it. What I didn't get out, the filter
caught.

I guess the answer to your question is the oil that lubes the Sanden
moves along with the freon in an A/C system. Thats what the A/C pros tell
me. I was also told that the likelyhood of the pump seizing is low.  I
figure if I give it a shot of mineral oil every new and then, I should
have no problems.

And if I have to replace it, the junkyard ones are only about $20.

Ken

On Fri, 2 Oct 1998 16:43:24 -0400 (EDT) cookiedan@domain.elided (Daniel Nees)
writes:
>Ken,
>   Does the Sanden have an oil resivoir or do you have to run a
>pre-oiler and a post de-oiler?
>
>Dan Nees
>cookiedan@domain.elided
>1979 Scout II 345, 727, D44's w/3.07's, 4" Triangle lift.
>1971 Scout II 304, D30/44, D20, power steering.
>
>http://members.tripod.com/~IHCaholic/scoutindex.html
>Now with Pictures!

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]