Electronic fuel pump

Now, I know that electronic fuel pumps are suppose to take care of vapor
lock problems, but mine seems to be an exception.  I have been having
this problem throughout the summer so I went ahead and bought a 6v
electronic fuel pump hoping that it would solve this problem.

In the morning, when it's cooler, I would turn over my Silver Diamond
220 power plant and I would get that initial growl from the electric
pump and I would be on my way.  As the day pressed on and the day became
hotter rather than the intermittent grow from the fuel pump as it pumped
fuel to the carb, I got a persistent grow that becomes louder and louder
until the engine starts back firing and then finally stalls out.

Don't really know what else I can do except wait for the cooler weather
of winter but I'm sure there's something that can be done about this
problem.  By the way, I swapped all metal fuel lines for rubber lines
reinforced by cord and the pump is located near the gas tank and low so
gravity can do its work.

Thanks for the help.