RE: Dan's washing (is it Wednesday, already?) and Silicon Brake Fluid

> Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 17:48:55 -0400 (EDT)
> From: cookiedan@domain.elided (Daniel Nees)
> Subject: Master cylinder
>
> I was just Manderisming while getting washed a few minutes ago. Since
> I'm going to be replacing my master cylinder this weekend, should I
> flush my entire system out and add silicon fluid instead of Dot 3
> stuff?
> If I go silicon do I have to change calipers and wheel cylinders, or
> is
> just a good flushing enough? Or should I just forget the idea and put
> good master cylinder on?
>
> Dan Nees
> cookiedan@domain.elided

	[Eppinger.Michael]
	Boy the week went by fast, it must be Wed if Dan is getting
washed  <v v b g>.  Seriously, I have heard that you don't want to use
the silicon brake fluid in off road vehicles due to it's instability at
higher temperatures.  You get inconsistant braking, as it heats up.
Stick with the standard brake fluid, with off road scouts, you will
corrode through the outside of the brake lines before you do it from the
inside.  Just bleed the fluid every now and then (1-2 years).

	Epp