Re: Master cylinder

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Daniel Nees wrote:

> I was just Manderisming while getting washed a few minutes ago. Since
> I'm going to be replacing my master cylinder this weekend, should I
> flush my entire system out and add silicon fluid instead of Dot 3 stuff?
> If I go silicon do I have to change calipers and wheel cylinders, or is
> just a good flushing enough? Or should I just forget the idea and put a
> good master cylinder on?
>
> Dan Nees
> cookiedan@domain.elided
> 1979 Scout II 345, 727, D44's w/3.07's, 4" Triangle lift.
> 1971 Scout II 304, D30/44, D20, power steering.
>
> http://members.tripod.com/~IHCaholic/scoutindex.html
> Now with Pictures!
Hey Dan,
 How often do you drag race down mountains,pull trailers down
mountains,ect down mountains?The only reason to got the the Dot 5 silicon
is to raise the boiling point of the brake fluid.The pedal will be softer
with the Dot5.I know this from motorcycle use, first hand feel.Flush the
system,put on your new M/c>
                           Dennis