Re: Fouling 304

Tom,

You mentioned that it is leaving carbon patches on the ground when it
idles. When mine did that I looked in the top of the carb.  The top of
the carb should be dry, all the gas comes in the idle passage at the
bottom. Mine was dripping gas from the main jet which is the pipe coming
in the center of the throat at the top.

I'd be gas is just running out the bottom of the carb.  Fouling the plugs
on the highway means the gas must be really running in there.  Your
problem is somewhere in the carb.  I'd be the reason only two plugs are
fouling is cause liquid gas is running through the manifold and running
right into the two offending cylinders.

Steve

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776