Re: NEED HELP OR A MECHANIC

The next thing I usually check is the plug wires.  They are the most
fragile part of the ignition system.  Removing them a couple times can
easily ruin OEM style wires.  Always pull on the boots, *never* on the
wires.

The proceedure is as follows.

Measure the length of each of the wires

Measure the resistance of each of the wires

Divide the resistance by the length.  The result should be fairly
consistent.  It will never be exact.  If any are more than 20% different
the wires are probably bad.

Is it definitely misfiring or just weak?

A compression test can tell you if there's anything fundamentally wrong
with the engine.  If that tests ok, then it has to be the carb or
ignition.  I'm pretty sure it's the carb or ignition.

Steve

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776