ATF Treatment

>	Don't quote me on this, but I though you were suppose to add a
>quart of ATF to about 10 gallons of gas in your gas tank to lubricate
>the valves.  Smokes like hell for that tank then goes away.  Maybe
>somebody can back me up on this.

Y'know Epp, you may be right.

My stepdad wanted to drain the oil and fill w/ diesel... run it 'till the
temp gauge *just* moves, then drain the diesel and put oil in... but I
didn't have the time (there was a dinner party in Missoula I wanted to
attend, y'know)

So we opted for the ATF in oil trick.

Now that you mention it, I do believe I have *also* heard of ATF in the gas...

I think the oil treatment was to clean the lifters.

The gas might help on the valves... I'm going to burn a full tank of gas on
the way home tomorrow anyhow (unless it's all cleaned up and the 2 new plugs
I installed in Missoula don't foul on the way home)...

I guess you wouldn't want to put too much ATF in w/ too little gas....
what's the appropriate ratio folks?

I'll try it... one more thing before I insure my pickup and start tearing my
"perfect, 63k mile" '72 304 apart.... :-(

-Tom