NEED HELP OR A MECHANIC

Does anybody know of a good mechanic for a Scout 80 in the San Francisco

Bay Area?  I cannot get my carb right or something is going on with the
distributor.  Every time I hit the gas from a stopped position the scout

stalls but the engine does not die.  Also there is no power on uphills.
Timing is good (TDC);  dwell is good (69.9 degrees) all set for what the

manual specs for a 196E.  I cannot find any leaks, but I have not tested

the diaphragm in the distributor (model 1510).  Acceleration seems fine
on level surfaces.  If I hit the gas too hard though it stalls and like
I said it barely goes up hills and starting up on hill is a nightmare.
I have to use the e-brake to hold the truck so I can rev the engine to
power.

Frustrated
Matt

415 394 9093