Re: Dave's engine knock

Myron sez:

>>>On my original 152, I had a knock when the engine was put under load or
revved.  I pulled plug wires until I found it was the #1 cylinder.>>>
>>>I pulled the oil pan and tugged on the skirt of said piston and it made
the same type of slapping sound I'd heard while it was running. After
pulling it out, I could see where the skirt had worn beyond tolerances.  A
new piston from NAPA pressed on the rod, and rings for it and the rest, and
all was as quiet as it should be.>>>

Thanks Myron, this is some good info.  Mine knocks all the time, even at
idle.  I haven't tried the pulling one wire at a time procedure, but I
think I will.  This is a stupid question, but I've never done this before;
did you pull the piston and rod from below?  Any problems getting it back
in?

Thanks,              Dave