Re: Dave's engine knock

Dave,
  (sorry if this gets posted twice).  On my original 152, I had a
knock when the engine was put under load or revved.  I pulled plug
wires until I found it was the #1 cylinder.  The service manual
troubleshooting section stated it could be a worn piston skirt.  I
pulled the oil pan and tugged on the skirt of said piston and it made
the same type of slapping sound I'd heard while it was running.
After pulling it out, I could see where the skirt had worn beyond
tolerances.  A new piston from NAPA pressed on the rod, and rings for
it and the rest, and all was as quiet as it should be.
HTH,
Myron