Re: Fouling 304

Tom,

My first check would be the compression test.  If they're stuck open then
the comp test will show that. Comp test will show stuck closed too.  If
the intakes are stuck closed, you can't get more air to pump up the
compression.

Stuck closed means bent push rods. Something has to give and the pushrods
are the likely candidates.

When you pull off the cover, take out the pushrods and see if they're
straight.  Should be perfectly straight.

I would also take off the carb and put a mirror into the manifold.  See
if there is anything in there blocking the passages.  Wasp nests come to
mind.  We've had some experience in that area.

STeve

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776