Dave Read's Disc Brake Dilemma

I'm completely unbiased of course: you should do the '70 1200 as it has the most universal (meaning "to me") interest. <g>

About Comer's mechanical skills- I feel disc's aren't "better"
than drums,  under heavy loads both their leverage (all the
brake material is as far as possible from the wheel hub) and
their self amplifying characteristics have real value.

But, even if I do set them up perfectly, it seems to last about
a month.  The self-adjusters are pretty unreliable.  And, the
loaded advantages make them grabby and miserable
when just grocery-getting.

Not to mention what happens in a deep puddle.

At the plant tour last year, my dad asked about the discs being
installed on the schoolbus chassis.  He was told, I *think,* that
they just started selling them this decade... now at least 1/2
the trucks are ordered with them.  Eventually probably all
will.

But that just shows that the disc's don't have such a pure
advantage that they can just push drums out of the
medium/heavy duty market.

**In Use**
'70 1200D 4x4 Travelette 392 4spd
'73 1210 Wagonmaster, 392 auto