Re: Tom's misfortune

>didn't run away when we blew the 'shaft apart... in fact, I'm under orders
>to stop by her apartment and say "Hello" after I fix the Scout tonight...
>(thus, we're leaving very shortly and the repair will be made with as much
>haste as practical)

Sure, I almost forgot one important part....

Not only did she enjoy the ride in the Scout (when we were alone, prior to
picking my friend Dan and another girl up, which is when we blew the
'shaft), but she then informs me that her mom and dad had a Scout, and...
she *liked* it.

First, she knew what the heck it was, second, she even likes 'em....

And she thought it was just great when I crawled underneath with my 1/2"
wrench, and emerged a minute later with the remains of the driveshaft,
cheerily chucked it in the void formed by the spare tire and bed wall (hey,
with a 33" spare in there, there's a good bit of wasted space between the
wheel and the wall), locked the hubs, and made an attempt to continue our
drive... the one time I was bummed to have a locker.  :-)

Hmmm.. must still be asleep.. today must only be Saturday... I hafta get up
soon so I can go to Dan's dinner party tonight...

*smile*

-Tom