Re: Tom's misfortune

>I admire the way you can stay cheerful about things. If that had happened
>to me, and I was facing that much work to fix it, and if it was my own
>carelessness that caused it, I'd be flaggelating myself and weeping
>uncontrollably. (no, you dummies, that means whipping or beating, and not
>what your dirty little ignorant minds try to make out of it) (g)
>You do take things like that well, Tom.

Thanks, John.
..

Well, I cussed only once when it happened (sorry, instinctive).. but I was
never angry... hey, my own stupidity did me in.  Getting upset hasn't fixed
anything yet.. (if it does, would someone let me know?)... my friends
thought I'd flip after the weekend of fourwheeling that dented and scratched
every panel of the Scout, plus ripped the spring perch... and then they told
me the t'case bolts were loose....

Nah... comes with the territory.

I will add that it's a *LOT* easier to take now that I have a small supply
of spare parts at home... I easily did $250+ worth of damage to the Scout
this weekend (new t'case and new 'shaft)... but hey, I have spares sitting
at home (of course, the spare supply is now low on stock)..

I guess it's also easier to stomach since I met a really great young lady
(Hmm.. I don't want to say, "girl", but I don't think she's old enough and
certainly not stodgy enough to have the somber "woman" applied...)... she
didn't run away when we blew the 'shaft apart... in fact, I'm under orders
to stop by her apartment after I fix the Scout tonight... (thus, we're
leaving very shortly and the repair will be made with as much haste as
practical)

<grin>

The whole weekend was worth it.  I haven't felt this great in years.  So I'm
down one spare driveshaft and t'case... I'll just wait for someone to give
me another parts rig.  :-)

-Tom, tired but still grinnin'
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout IIs
77/78 Racer definitely on hold.. but I have to get that ugly hulk out of the
driveway soon.