Re: Skyjacker lifts.....

On Sun, 27 Sep 1998, Matt and Stacy Sopher wrote:

> I have noticed in a few posts lately, many of you who have the SkyJacker
> lifts have been unhappy with them. Mostly the have sagged.
> I am planning on putting a new lift on my Scout this winter, and have
> considered SkyJacker.

I'm not particularly pleased with the amount of lift in the rear.. mine's
never sagged though.. it started out this low. :-(

I've been thinking about getting some 4" Triangle rear springs to replace
the Skyjackers w/ 2"+ shackles.. but then I remember I have a welder now,
and I can just as easily use a set of non-XLC rear leaf springs on  top
of the axle to balance things out... ;)

I think, if I were to lift w/ spring under again, I'd look at the
Triangles with a lot more interest..

-Tom