Re: Disk Brakes

On Fri, 25 Sep 1998 11:04:49 -0400 (EDT) Chris & Ranae Procyk
<procyk19@domain.elided> writes:

>BTW, the light line had disc brakes on the IFS trucks as early
>as at least 1971 (as that's what I have in the b/yard), but
>the solid axle/4wd trucks (which was the context of the post) didn't.
>Actually, I'm curious as to the
>addition of disc brakes to the light line-- did the 4wd ever get
>them?  Howard?

I'm not real sure about whether disks started on the light line before
the 100/200's in 1974.  Definitely the whole line including 4WD's got
them in 74, except for some of the 200 4x4's--probably those that were
the remanents of the 1-ton models with the Dana 70 F/A--and the 500.  I
thought drums were standard on all through 73, but perhaps disks were
options earlier since an anti-skid system was an option too.  I can't
find a definite answer right now--need to go organize my literature files
someday and then maybe I'll be able to find something.  I don't have a
parts book for a pre-74 Light Line, but if someone has one, check to see
if disks are listed there to help answer the question.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]