Re: Rob's Comments

In a brilliant stroke of genius, cookiedan@domain.elided (Daniel Nees) blurted
out:

>   You know that Automatic thing may be it, but; when I do start it up I
>get a nice big puff of black smoke from the truck, just like when I
>clean out the carb by reving it up. So, I assumed it was gas/carb
>related.

That still sounds like the classic auto tranny stall to me.

Conceivably the engine would be full of unburned fuel from being dragged to
a halt.  Then typically you'd give it a nice shot of fuel from the
accelerator pump as you depress the throttle half way upon cranking.  The
result would be that temporary puff of black exhaust from the overly rich
air / fuel mixture.

John
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com    |
Conservative Libertarian      |
Life Member of the NRA        |        All the GOOD things in life
WA Arms Collectors            |              are DANGEROUS!
Commercial Helicopter - Inst. |
www.halcyon.com/jlandry/      |