Re: Powr-lok doesn't fit

John wrote:
> The front differential in my Scout 80 (1962) blew
> up much to my disappointment. I found a limited
> slip differential from a 1963 which I planned to
> place in the rear and move the open differential
> in the rear up to the front.

<snip>
> too short! From previous questions I have asked,
> I was under the impression that these differentials
> could be swapped with impunity. Is this not the case?
>
> What should I do?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> john
> lusth@domain.elided

Well John, I wouldn't think that you could do it, but I may be wrong.
From what little I know, the front of an 80 is a Dana 27 axle, and the
rear, someone correct me if I am wrong!, is a Dana 44.  Now, I am no
expert, but I would think that the two wouldn't interchange.  You probably
need to find the ring and pinion to match the axles.
Someone else more qualified or experienced can jump in here any time!:)

Dan Felix
1966 Scout 800 - running
1965 Scout 80 - parts on a pallet
1964 Scout 80 - rolling parts