Re:Rob's Comments

John wrote:
SNIP
< thought Rob Mark's comments in support of Rod's overgeneralization was

more significant because Rob seemed to fail to realize that a reason, if

not the major reason which I think it was, for the Northwest Binders
great success in enlarging the participation in their Monroe affair, had

to have been the Digest. Rob certainly has absolute right to criticize
and to participate or not to participate in the digest, but after
meeting
him, and after he met us digesters, I thought we had a relationship
different than he perceives it.

John H.>
END SNIP

I would agree that the Digest members have contributed to the size of
our Round-Up.  We have increased in size by 30 percent or more every
year for the last 4 years.  But this I attribute more to a solid
Sponsorship base that allows us to start advertising early in the year.
These sponsors play a big role in distributing our advertising as well.
Rod at GUS has been the first to step up to the sponsorship call.  He
has supported us constantly since we started asking for sponsors four
years ago.
If I may digress...

Just finished rebuilding the 345 in my Scout II.  The Q-jet I was
running had some major problems.  So I went looking for a new
carburetor.  The best deal was on the Webber made AFB.   Best price was
at Summit, but be dammed if I could get through their ordering system.
Went to call their toll free number, constantly busy.  I have ordered
lots of stuff from web sites but I was not impressed with this one.
Next I tried the Local PEP Boys.  Nobody would honor the prices they
gave me over the phone.  Now I know where all the ex-employees of Stupid
Shops ended up...
I took two aspirin to relieve the headache I developed from beating my
head on the wall.
Next I tried the local speed shop that has sponsored our clubs events in
the past.  Paid about $25.00 more for the carb.  They had all the
brackets and options and advice on the shelf.   I was able to hook it
up, make all the tranny linkages fit with the parts and advice they
gave.
Thanks to the Digest members who talked about the Webber manufactured
Edelbrock Performer (Carter AFB).  It is a good carb.

I guess I am always open to a different way of doing things.  I just
prefer to talk to a human being in person.  So many of the traits that
help us communicate and make us human, are lost in this computerized
format.

Rob Marks
N W Binders
Lurking less than you may think...