Alternator Pulley Update

Well I've finally had my Scout on the road for about 2 weeks now after
my wiring mod's. were completed and it is running great!  As some of
you may remember about a month ago I wrote to the list about installing a
smaller diameter pulley from a Blazer on my new 73 Amp alternator.  The
reason I did this was that when I used my turn signals with my A/C on,
the signals were so slow that sometimes I would shift my 727 into
neutral to get them to flash faster.

Part of the problem was that with the A/C on and the 727 in gear my
engine RPM's were only reading 550 on my cheapo tach.  My alt. gauge
would also read on the discharge side and make big negative jumps in
time with the signals.

Now the good part.  With the new alt. and pulley my signals flash faster
than I've ever seen them even at 550 RPM.  My alt. gauge barely
registers the flashes with slight ticks and it generally holds rock solid
straight up as it should.  Part of my previous problem may have also been
a dying alternator but I wanted the smaller pulley for more output at idle
anyway since I also installed high wattage headlights running on
separate relay circuits that would suck large amounts of amps from the
alternator when on.  I would recommend the smaller pulley to anyone
needing more amps at idle.

Just as a side note I also installed a remote solenoid with all new "2"
gauge battery cable.  As some of you have mentioned previously after
doing this, my 345 starts a lot quicker now.

HTH,
Jim
1979 Scout II, 345, 727, stealth mod's.
1977 Traveler 345, 727, parts is parts