Re: Crossflow vs Siamese

>PS.  Recommend an acceptable hp target and differential ratio for
>general Scout2 towing of a 1000 lb load.  My 196 must be shifted to
>third for most hills and I question ever towing with this engine.
>Mark

Uh oh... towing with the 196... ;)

What gears and tranny and tires do you have now, that you're in 3rd (I
assume you have a 4spd then) on hills?

While running 33s/4.09s and a close 4spd, 3rd wasn't *that* bad with the
196.. it would run to about 55mph... problem was, I seemed to spend a LOT of
time there... ;)

What do you want to tow?  How far, how fast?  How many hills?

-Tom