Dieseling gone

>From: M Edler <m.m.adler@domain.elided>
>Subject: Dieseling
>
>Okay here is my report on my engine dieseling.  I first put some fuel
>cleaner and that did help some and filled up with 89 octane.  Next I
>filled my tank up again with 92 octane.  It stopped!  This is going to
>suck if I have to run 92 octane all the time (Gas is really expensive
>out here in SF)
>
>Matt

Matt,
Glad you tried the gas first. That tells us a lot about the cause.
Checking the heat range of the plugs would be a good idea, but
personally, I don't think you'll gain much with colder plugs, but it's
worth a try.

I've seen Tetraethyl Lead substitute for sale at parts stores, and that
might work every bit as well as high octane gas, but it also might cost
as much or more. Check it out.
John H.