Owsley and BSD

>Neither LSD nor UNIX were invented at Berkeley.
>
>Perhaps Deruy meant to say [Owsley] LSD and [BSD] UNIX were the two major
>products to come out of Berkeley.
>
>Ted Borck	tborck@domain.elided

Ted,
I know nothing about UNIX except jokes about it. Fortunately, knowing
something about a computer language isn't a requirement for making jokes
about it. Those of us who wouldn't learn DOS, won't learn HTML, and won't
use Windows as a matter of principle, are greatly intimidated by those
who talk about UNIX and therefore choose to make jokes about it.

Anyway, although not motivated by UNIX, my curiosity and thirst for
knowing things is still very active, and I'd like to know what your
reference to Owsley and BSD means. Was Owsley the guy who came up with
LSD, and was BSD a corporation or ? that came up with UNIX ?

Thanks,
John H.