'nother sad day...., and questions

I guess I am a little late posting this, but I have been busy doing
non-Scout things....
I went to a junkyard last Thursday intent on getting a new radio antenna
for my g/f's truck.  I figured I could take a look-see at the Scouts that
they had there too.  Well, I got up there, and found an antenna, and
started searching for the Scouts that had been there last winter, an 800A
and a II.  I couldn't find them anywhere.  I asked about them, and they
had been crushed!  I wasn't too happy.  Now, I have no junkyards around
with any 800's in them.  At least not ones with 1-800 phone #'s, the rest
are long distance....
But, there is an upside to this!  I saw my first KB-5.  The yard markings
on the window said it was a '47.  The engine and tranny were still there,
the interior was completely trashed, but the body wasn't in too bad of
shape.  What is the little crank on the dash for, anybody know??  I figure
it is for something in the ventilation, but I could be wrong....
Hmmmm, no more 800's around....  Need to buy some more for parts.:)  Mom
and Dad will love that.:)
Oh, what is a good price for an a/c compressor off of a Traveler or a II??
I was quoted $40 for one at a different yard.  Anybody ever turned one
into an air compressor on an 800 w/ 152?

Dan Felix
1966 Scout 800 - "Sweet Machine", running (sorta)
1965 Scout 80 - parts on a pallet
1964 Scout 80 - rolling parts