Re: Ron Phillips...a good guy!

Hi,  I have not posted to the digest yet, but have been following it for
sometime.  The threads on Rod have got me into the action mode now.  I
have met with Rod on numerous occasions when I'm in the CO Springs area
on business. I too first heard of GUS on the internet a few years back,
and have brought this topic up to him on more than one occasion. He is
really interested in helping the IH enthusiast and works hard to bring
all the best quality components he can find for IH under one roof. In
addition, he and his employees have always attempted to bring sound
advice to help their customers with specific rebuilds, etc.  I have
purchased a significant amount through GUS and have always been pleased
with their efforts.  In essence, Rod Phillips is a hardworking guy who
is tired when he leaves the store everynight and just does not want to
spend his remaining hours on a computer looking at more IH Scout stuff.
He values his off time and I cannot fault him for his priorities.
Knowing Rod, I imagine that his original comments to John Glancy have
been blown out of proportion by this continued thread. I'm sure Rod
would want each of the IH enthusiasts to get the right parts at the best
value. He constantly tries to work out new solutions to our parts
problems and I think he is doing a great service regardless of what he
thinks about indulging in the internet. Personally, I think he would be
better off by embracing the internet opportunities if for nothing else
but for the increased busniness opportunities.  I know he does
appreciate the good writings of satisfied customers on the internet.
His younger employees: Gary and Justin have tried to convince Rod of
getting onto the net, without success.  I still think Rod deserves more
respect than what I've seen on several of the postings by those who
don't even know him.  If you feel otherwise, I suggest calling Rod
personally and speaking with him.. Let him know how important it would
be to be involved with the internet for his customers.  Who knows,
eventually he may come around.
 Rich Reinert
78 SS II, 345/TF727