Re: Oil leaks, The right stuff

John,

Never heard of "The Right Stuff"  (other than the movie). But if it's a
new permatex product I'll have to go buy it, I currently have five or six
tubes of their products laying around already, might as well get the whole
collection <BG>

I degreased a little of the underside and plan to watch and see where the
oil is coming from. Has anybody ever tried those leak detection fluids?
You pour it in the engine oil and then after a day or how ever long it
takes your engine to leak, you get under there with a (black light?) or
normal light, I don't remember, and the stuff will glow , illuminating the
leak area. It's not supposed to harm the engine, and for smaller, hard
to find leaks it's better. Mine is kinda obvious, still half to look but
it's drippin' purty good.

JoeBob Hunter,

	I found the O rings for the water pipes at Checker/shucks/Cragin a
few years ago, as long as you can find someone in the store that knows how
to read and undertands that even though things don't show up on the
computer, they might still exist. They looked it up in some book and they
had them in stock, apparently its a fairly common size. Sorry I don't have
a part #. I've had good luck with Napa and Big A as well.

AAACCKKK What do you mean it's Monday again!
				Mark A. Pepe

University of Arizona					  Tucson, Arizona

			     mpepe@domain.elided

*Music Education Major*Tuba Player Extraordinaire*Concord Blue Devils Alum
*Sonora Desert Scouts Member *and much much more *blah blah blah*