RE: RE: Black Sunday

 Binders,
John H. posted:
>a rear main seal giving out so massively so quickly. I picture the seal
>getting hard and losing its flexibility and no longer "wiping" the crank
>as well, but unless a piece broke out of it, it doesn't seem to me that
>it should just start massively leaking. I'd be really sure it isn't
>something else before I went after that seal.

How about the oil pressure switch? To tell the truth I don't even know where it is on a 345. Is it toward the back of the engine like on Dodge and some Chevy?
My manual is at home, I will look this up at lunch.
The only thing I did on the back of the engine was remove the bolt that held the hanger for the wire loom to the starter. Could that bolt go all the way into an oil journal?

Willy
SS II
PS. John H., anytime you want to enhance one of my jokes please do, I got a chuckle out of my original, got a real laugh out of the corrected one.