800A Clutch Cables

     All,

     I have a '70 800A with the AMC 232.  I seem to be having an unusal
     number of clutch cable problems.

     As shipped, behind the dash, the cable ended in a swaged fitting that
     attached to a bracket that fit over a metal teat welded onto the
     clutch pedal shaft.

     First the teat broke.  Drilled it out and replaced with a bolt.

     Then the swaged fitting pulled off the cable.  Replaced with a
     new-and-improved clutch cable with a very beefy looking fitting.

     Well last week that fitting wore through, giving me an excellent
     opportunity to practice my speed shifting!.

     Does anyone else have this problem?  Any suggestions?? I think I'm
     buying the last clutch cable from my favorite supplier.  Should I be
     concerned???

     Thanks!

     John Nevius
     '70 800A