Re: Robertshaw Thermostat

In a brilliant stroke of genius, Jeff Taylor <jbtaylor@domain.elided> blurted
out:

>If you have trouble finding these locally they have them in the Summit Racing
>catalog. They are listed for "All Chrysler V8 up to 1979."
>
>P/N RST-370-180   $8.25
>
>They also have a 160 degree version:
>
>P/N RST-370-160   $8.25

Has anyone seen and compared the Robert Shaw thermostat, the old
(discontinued) Stant thermostats and the new Stant thermostats?

I've personally never seen a Robert Shaw brand thermostat (or if I did I
wasn't aware of it) and am curious if they more closely duplicate the IH
original equipment version (which Stant discontinued).  The original style
had a large projection underneath (part of the valve) that appeared to have
more fully blocked off the thermostat bypass hose port.  This is they style
Rob Marks was looking for.

Regards,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com    |
Conservative Libertarian      |
Life Member of the NRA        |          All the GOOD things life
WA Arms Collectors            |               are DANGEROUS!
Commercial Helicopter - Inst. |
www.halcyon.com/jlandry/      |