Re: Yuppemobile indeed!

On Wed, 9 Sep 98 22:22:50 -0700 John Hofstetter <hofs@domain.elided>
writes:

>In the top of the Panamint Mountains, these young guys want to know how
>got my yuppiemobile up where they were, when their CJ's barely made it.
>
>Near the top of Pleasant Canyon last Spring, these folks who couldn't
get
>their Toyotas and such past the obstacle, want to know how I dare bring
>yuppiemobile up there and go where they can not go, and then give me
>dirty looks as I go on up the canyon.

And if you were still driving your Travelall, it would have probably made
it there without damage while the Toyotas were still trying to get around
the rocks.

Reminds me of a Desert Fox column about feeling pretty good about his
skills after a day of he-man four wheeling, only to make it to the top of
the mountain and find a Mexican and his whole family in sitting there in
a '53 Chevy.  Either that or you find a 10x50' mobile home setting there
and you know it wasn't brought in by helicopter.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]