Yuppemobile indeed!

>It's true the full-time 4WD allows the the torque loads to be split and
>could allow heavier towing ratings, but are you sure this is the reason
>for the full-time, or is it just because a self-respecting yuppiemobile
>"needs" full-time 4WD to make it across the mall parking lot?
>
>Howard Pletcher
>Howteron Products Scout Parts

Geez, Howard,

In the top of the Panamint Mountains, these young guys want to know how I
got my yuppiemobile up where they were, when their CJ's barely made it.

Near the top of Pleasant Canyon last Spring, these folks who couldn't get
their Toyotas and such past the obstacle, want to know how I dare bring a
yuppiemobile up there and go where they can not go, and then give me
dirty looks as I go on up the canyon.

And then some flatlander thinks I need 4WD to get across the mall parking
lot?

The worst thing about that GC is the amount of abuse it brings down on
me, because it looks as if it couldn't possibly get all the places it
goes, and the envy it generates.

Excuse me sir, is the right trail to Macy's on the Mall, and if I had any
choice on whether to be in 4WD or not, do you think I should be there?
And should I be in low range?

Humbly yours,

John H.