Scott in Spring

>John,
>
>Well, actually, I am planning a trip to CA next year around the end of May.
>When is Tulare next year anyway? I looked on the Scouts West site but it's
>not there yet. Also, isn't Death Valley around that time?

Scott,
I believe that Tulare is scheduled for the 3rd weekend in April. John
Landry is planning on coming down to Death Valley the week before that
and he and we will go from there to Tulare. I've not seen the actual
date, but I think I deduced that they hold the event the 3rd weekend.

May is too late for Death Valley either with or without the Hofstetters.
Usually, even mid-April is hot and full of horseflies.

You're too much out of the way to visit on our trip east. We're going
pretty much straight to Auburn Indiana for a weekend with Howard, and
then to Southern Indiana for some time with a gal who used to teach for
me, and then on to Kaintuck and West Virginia.

Regards,
John H.