Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 08:42:05 -0700 (MST)
From: Mark A Pepe <mpepe@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: Thermostats

Hey all,

        I replaced my thermosts this weekend with one of the ones from
Autozone that someone mentioned. It certainley looks more heavy duty than
the old stant I pulled out, and it looks as if the new one has a larger
opening for water/coolent to pass through. It seems to run cooler too, my
wife and I drove to Pheonix this weekend and it was  around 104-105
degrees outside. The needle stayed in the center of the guage instead of
3/4 up , where it used to read on such days.  (this is with the AC going
as well)

Thanks for the help!

Oh, and get this I averaged 16MPG  on the way up! with the 345 and a
500cfm Holley carb (rejetted though)
I kept it right around 65mph, since thats where it seems happy.
However on the way back I averaged only 12 but it was kind of windy and I
pushed it a little harder.

Happy Mon.. err Tuesday!
Mark
                                Mark A. Pepe