Re: Remote solenoids with manual pushbutton. .

Darrel Kline wrote:
>Point to ponder:
Somebody comes along with a jumper wire, connects it between your battery
and coil....and then presses the solenoid push button...Bye Bye Scout. The
Scouts with tilt steering don't even have lock columns (800's?).  I did
this every other week back in high school when my parents took my keys
away, my Mom kept looking for a third set of keys.<

Darrel,

That thought  occurred to me.  But then, it wouldn't take much ingenuity to
steal my Scout anyway.    Come to think about it, aren't we making our
Scouts easier to steal by adding the remote solenoid?  All the thief needs
now is the jumper you mentioned, plus a real short one from the solenoid's
battery input over to the "S" terminal?   We're making all these jumper
connections more accessible.   Geez, maybe I should be thinking about a
hood lock since the 800's hoods can be opened without entering the vehicle.

Doug

  Nope, 800's don't have locking columns.