Re: Re: Tom's V8

On Mon, 7 Sep 1998, Kim Sol wrote:

> Scout, but my recollection is that 1) it takes three times longer than you

I said it should take a day.. took all 3 week-end days.. but one day was
killed with the unplanned spring-perch repair.. we pretty much "did it
all" today.. we had the 304 out and the seals changed last night.. then
we yanked the 196 (2.5hrs) and dropped the 304 in (4hrs or more) and then
"details" (started at 9:30 this morning, I just finished my test drive at
4am.)

> you will never need again, but, 4) once its in and works perfectly, no one can
> get you out of your Scout and you will actually sit in it with the engine running
> and no where to go, just listening to it. Oh, I miss those days. Best regards,

:-)

I had to let it rumble in the driveay for a while.. then roared across
town in search of some extra oil (only had 4 jugs of Quaker handy)..

More details to some..