Re: Re: Tom's V8

Dan, I sat on the deck for a couple of hours this evening, aimed toward Helena,
but I  all I could hear were retardant bombers, so I too am curious about Tom's
engine swap. Its been a large number of years since I did an engine swap in a
Scout, but my recollection is that 1) it takes three times longer than you
estimate that it ought to, 2) you develop new and interesting jingles and rhymes
for all the cuss words you know, 3) you accumulate all sorts of "special tools"
you will never need again, but, 4) once its in and works perfectly, no one can
get you out of your Scout and you will actually sit in it with the engine running
and no where to go, just listening to it. Oh, I miss those days. Best regards,
Kim Sol, 1980 Scout II, 345 4bbl, 4" lift, etc. "Copper" (but looks like sorta
orange, sorta red).