Power valve?/ daul ignition system/grany gear

> Digesters:

> "OK.  On my '72, 304V8, I've noticed that I can push the pedal slowly to
> moderately, and it runs great.  Go from idle to WOT, and it starts
> accelerating.. *stops*... then pauses a moment.. then VRROOM it roars.  I
> *thought* it was a shot power valve.. someone said it's just out of
> adjustment.. which makes sense as well."

 Hey!  mine does that too. What the heck is a power valve and where is it located?

    All this talk of ignition systems makes me think, How hard would it be to install a msd instead of a gold box , but hook it up with some realys and an in cab swich so that you
could swich back and forth between gold box and msd? there would be multiple advantages to this:
1. Never have to wory about ignition failure ever.
2. if somthig goes wrong, you just flip a swich instead of  replacing points on a dark stormy night in the middle of nowhere.
3. you could compare the performance by holding the throttle constant  and fliping the swich to see wich one got higher rpms.
    Any one ever done this? When people convert a auto engine for aircraft use they do two completly seperate ignition systems and have a 3 position swich; right, left, or both.

    Any body out there have a T19 wide W/ 2.73's  I have a wide T19 with low gears and am thinking of  of going with higher gears. I want to do this to better my highway performance
and gas milage. I dont 4wheel much so im not too woried about crawl ratio too much, especaliy with 6:1 first gear. My concern is: starting out in 2 now already sucks, second is a
little too high(numericly low) for comfortable starting. I was thinking mabey with 2,73's and 31's(now) or mabey 33's(future), that in first(grany gear) the effective gearing would be
high enough that i could start out in it. This would effictivly give me a 4sp instead of a 3sp.

    You'all have fun at nationals, I wishs i could go, but im not alowed to take off at my job.
            -Grant
            76 scout T19 345