Help with overheating scout!!!!?!??!!!!

>OK last week my scout started overheating on my way home from work and the
>small radiator hose brokw and antifreeze went everywhere. So I replaced
the
>hose and new clamps and drove it agian the next day and it overheated but
that
>time out of the hose only air came out, so I tighned it downand the air
>stopped, then the next day I drove it again and it overheated but this
time I
>opened the hood and it seemed fine but just hot. I checked the radaitor
cap
>and it was cold....what's up with that? Does anyone know what could be the
>problem? Any help would be greatly apprecitated. Please reply to
>xxfwmxx@domain.elided
>Thanks,
>  Matt Cason

Matt:
  This sounds like the thermostat is stuck shut to me.  The combination of
extra heat, and everything going through the bypass hose killed your old
hose.
The numbers for the Stant superstat 180 degree units are as follows:
45478 Boxed package
65478 Carded package

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup