Seeking Unbiased Advice

GoodMorning,
I'm seeking some unbiased advice.
Yesterday, I was tempted by an ad for an old '60s Land Rover.
The seller told me that parts cost isn't the pain I had been led to
believe.  His asking price for a reasonable condition LR is a
little over $6kUS.  I like the LR looks ...and really want an
interesting truck to get me to work daily (60 miles round trip,
half of it at ~60 mph) ... ideally eventually be my only vehicle.

Has anyone experiences to share (offline if need be)?
Am I asking too much of a '60s Land Rover?
Am I asking too much of a Scout2?
Am I nuts!

All comments welcome!  mark