Re: Seeking Unbiased Advice

Mark,

For what you describe I would get a Scout.  I'm doing this.  I'm going
overboard and installing a fiberglas body next year.  This year I finish
the mechanicals.

Scout parts are cheaper than LR parts, and most of the parts needed to
keep it running area available almost anywhere.  Body parts, interior
bits, etc are available too.  Check out the Binder Bulletin on the web
(www.binderbulletin.org) for a list of suppliers.  NAPA and such have
most of the normal repair parts, Navistar can supply internal engine
parts, Axle's & parts are widely available.

LR's rust at least as bad as Scouts.  Actually probably worse, the frames
aren't as heavy.  Besides with the Scout you get to listen to V8 music
(glasspacks recommended).  The Scout can also pull a trailer.

Ask John Hofstetter how pleasant a LR is on the highway.  Excellent
articulation in the suspension but too much for my taste on the highway.

Just an unbiased opinion

STeve
Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776