Re: Heads off (white smoke)

Willy:

I agree. I have found on some cars that removing the rad cap with the
engine running, means coolant will overflow. Heat expansion has little
to do with it. Just the water pump pushing coolant into the top of the
radiator faster than the coolant can drain back to the bottom.

Of course, on some cars, I've been able to take the cap off and watch
the coolant go by without any overflow.

I guess it's just a question of overall design and water pump volume.

Tom H.