Heads off (white smoke)

>Willy, did you read the part of Tom's post that said that something was
>pushing massive amounts of coolant out the overflow?  I think he has a
>blown head gasket.
>John H.
John, All,
Now that I understand the sequence (cap off cold, let Scout warm up..overflow) it sounds more sinister.  I thought Tom had let the Scout warm up then pop the cap.  Tom brings up a valid point that some overflow could occur  when the thermostat opens.
I think I will try this tonight just to see if any coolant is lost.
In the mean time, Tom you should heed the advise of your elders and check those valves while you have the heads off.  Report back in the morning with your progress and any other conundrums you uncover;)
Gosh I hope it's not a crack in the block, you would need a  BIG boat to justify a 304 for an anchor.

Willy
SS II