Re: Power eating amp

John, et al:

Landry's thought about interference from a linear amplifier isn't all
wet. There is a reason that big brother doesn't allow you to broadcast
from your vehicle at 350 watts and part of it is health related and not
just a matter of who owns the airwaves.

As I told John once before, I remember reading an article years ago
about pirate radio and linear amps. A medical type person pointed out
that most "pirates" were sitting in the same room with thier illegal
amplifiers and that exposure to that level and strength of RF was known
to cause cell deformaties. As I remember it, he tounge in cheek made
reference to it "frying your boys" sort of kind of. Can't rember the
details, but I think it was something to do with both the strength of
the RF signal and errant X-rays that could be emitted by such equipment.

John H. - You aren't straddling that linear amp are you?

Tom H.