Re: Michael's Problem

Jim Camery wrote:

> Michael's fuel problem sounds exactly like Jim's problem last week.  My
> Travelall with a 392 would idle and get up to about 40 mph on level
> ground, but when I tried to go faster, it would just spit & sputter.  I
> checked for water in the fuel, ran a can of SeaFoam through the carb,
> replaced the fuel filters, checked flow at the carb, etc.  Got talked in
> to replacing the coil, although it didn't make sense to me that the coil
> would only fail at high speeds.
>
> In desparation before going to NAPA to order the carb rebuild kit, I
> took the little clean-out screen out of the fuel inlet on the carb.  I
> couldn't believe that much crap could get past the fuel filters into
> that small of a screen.  Cleaned it all up with carb cleaner and it runs
> like a champ.
>
> Jim Camery
Jim-

Thanks for the input!  Tom H. checked this when he first came to help me
with this beast about three months ago, but that was a lot of misstarts
and other procedures ago when it still had multiple other probs as
well.  I will definitely check this again.
Mine, however is having the problems around five to ten miles an hour,
and they go away at about 30.  I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks!

Michael