Electrical Questions

Been working on my Scout today, looking for potential gremlins.  This is a
diesel->gas conversion to a 304, I'm running a gold-box ignition system,
with a MSD Blaster 3 Coil, eventually a MSD 6A, and a 13-month old starter,
with a heat shield.

Oh yeah, and the diesel wiring harness was perfectly intact!  In fact, the
glow
plug button was still semi-functional, with a live 6-ga wire from my
starter
powering it!  Perhaps I'll get better mileage with all that missing copper
I'll
be lugging around now?

Darrel, thanks for the MSD->HEI tip, I'll keep that in mind for later on -
it's
my Travelall that has the HEI.

Well, if I am going to replace my starter, is anyone familiar with one of
the newer light-weight starters that will work in an IH?  That, and a
remote
solenoid sound like a good combo.

Darrel wrote:
> the F*rd solenoid setup is fool-proof. It's just too hard to keep the
> voltage drop to a reasonable level with the factory switch and wiring.
Voltage drop?  I was planning on doing this to keep it cool.  Are these
two items related?

Thanks again,

Ken Farmer